Money - holiday homework
Today we counted the kind and generous donations from the Harvest festival. We sorted the coins in lots of different ways using a Venn diagram to help us. We then added up all of the coins and recorded what we had counted.
Over the holidays, can you play some of the money games on the Topmarks website and make sure that you can name and recognise all of the coins that we use in the United Kingdom. To earn 5 house points make a comment on the website about something you notice about the coins or something you found out about the coins.
For a merit, answer the questions below, either in a comment on the website or bring your answers on a piece of paper to school. Answers to be in by Thursday 2nd November 2017.
1. How many pennies make £1.00?
2. How many 50 pences make £1.00?
3. How many 20 pences make £1.00?
4. How many 10 pences make £1.00?
5. Can you think of 3 different ways to make 50 pence using the U.K. coins?